19 July 2021
To protect our communities during the current COVID-19 outbreak, ALS offices in Greater Sydney and Wollongong are closed to the public. Across NSW, we are meeting with clients over phone and video-link wherever possible and minimising face-to-face contact.
The following offices will remain closed to the general public until at least Monday 2 August, subject to further announcements and public health advice:
- Redfern (Level 3, 261-265 Chalmers Street, Redfern NSW 2016)
- Parramatta (Level 8, 33 Argyle Street, Parramatta NSW 2150)
- Wollongong (63A Market Street, Wollongong NSW 2500)
- GSATS - Greater Sydney Aboriginal Tenants Service (178 Queen Street, St Marys NSW 2760)
- Just Reinvest NSW (Suite B, 188 Oxford Street, Paddington NSW 2021)
Our offices may remain closed for longer if the government extends COVID restrictions, so please keep a look out on this page and our social media for updates. (We're on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.)
We are still helping our mob during this time – some offices are closed but our services remain open
Wherever possible, we are offering assistance over the phone or video conference. If absolutely necessary, face-to-face appointments can still go ahead at ALS offices outside of the Greater Sydney lockdown area. If we ask you to come into the office during this time, you will have to wear a mask, answer some safety screening questions and sign our visitor register.
As always, if you need legal help, you can call the following numbers during business hours:
- 1800 765 767 – for police charges and court matters
- 1800 733 233 – for child and family matters
The Custody Notification Service (CNS) remains open 24/7. This is used by police to notify the ALS whenever an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person is taken into custody in NSW or the ACT.
Useful links – stay safe and in-the-know
- NSW Health: Latest COVID-19 news and updates
- NSW Health: COVID-19 rules
- ACT Government: COVID-19 information and advice in the ACT
- Australian Government: Check if you're eligible for a COVID vaccination
- NSW Government: Find your closest COVID testing clinic
- NACCHO and NCIRS: Information about COVID-19 vaccines for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
- Australian Government: Coronavirus advice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and remote communities
You can also call the national coronavirus and vaccine helpline 24/7 on 1800 020 080.