Flexible Location NSW/ACT | Full-time | Fixed-term (12-month contract)
Primary purpose of the role
The Recruitment Advisor plays a critical role within the Human Resources (HR) team and the ALS more broadly by providing high-quality recruitment activities for the ALS employees and support the ALS in achieving its strategic objectives.
Why join the ALS NSW/ACT team?
At Aboriginal Legal Services NSW/ACT you will make an impactful change. You have the chance to change lives and bring social justice and equity for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, families and communities.
Our focus is our people; the people we support, and the team we employ. We offer a career you can be proud of and a place where you feel safe to be yourself. We invest in our workforce and appreciate the rich diversity they represent of life experience, languages, and culture.
Born out of a protest movement over 50 years ago, the Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/ACT) Limited is the primary legal service for Aboriginal people in NSW and the ACT. It’s an exciting time for the ALS, with both our services and teams growing significantly. We recently received additional government funding to deliver a range of new programs aimed at addressing systemic issues and driving structural reforms. This is creating unprecedented opportunities for the ALS and our communities.
For many of our staff making a real difference to the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, families and communities and working with a great, supportive team is its own reward.
We appreciate that, but we want our team to know that we value them so offer benefits such as:
- Salary packaging options and novated car leasing
- Annual Leave Loading of 17.5%
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Access to personal counselling for you and your family
- A range of additional paid leave, paid parental and study leave
- Flexible work options – talk to us about how we can make this role work for you
The Recruitment Advisor Role will be part of the Human Resources team with the Shared Services Division. The shared services team is a team that provides centralised support of all our offices and employees at ALS NSW/ACT
- Manage the recruitment process for all vacancies, taking ownership of all stages of recruitment including preparing position descriptions, job advertisements, screening applicants, preparing interview guides, attending interviews, making recommendations and reference checking.
- Partner with ALS people managers and employees to provide guidance, support and training on the recruitment process and interviewing techniques.
- Manage recruitment spreadsheet and related documentation
- Make offers and discuss remuneration with potential candidates, including preparation and communicating offers of employment
- Fostering positive relationships with candidates, ensuring a seamless candidate experience from initial contact to onboarding.
- Liaise with the HR Team to ensure seamless onboarding for the candidate
- Continuously striving for improvement by seeking feedback, adapting strategies, and implementing innovative recruitment techniques
- Proactively sourcing and maintaining a talent pool of qualified candidates for roles within ALS
The successful incumbent will demonstrate
- Extensive experience in the full recruitment lifecycle and high-volume recruitment
- Ability to work with pace and agility in a complex environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal clients and external service providers
- Facilitation/training and coaching delivered to hiring managers
- Superior organisation skills and attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality and demonstrates integrity
- Strong computer literacy in MS Office
- Knowledge and appreciation of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal people combined with continuing respect and support for Aboriginal cultural practices when considering service delivery and other support for clients, their families, communities and employees.
- Double vaccinated against COVID-19
- Identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- Previous experience in government or not-for-profit sectors
ALS NSW/ACT is committed to implementing safer recruitment practices. Your application may be subject to a number of pre-employment checks such as reference checks, Working with Children (NSW) or Working with Vulnerable People (ACT) check, Right to work in Australia, COVID-19 vaccinations as per NSW/ACT Health Order and Police check. Please note that candidates with criminal records are not automatically barred from being considered. Each application will be considered on its merits
How to apply:
Applications close 11:59pm Tuesday 12 December 2023