Working Group Coordinator & Project Support
Moree Justice Reinvestment - Part time (0.8 FTE) 12-month role
This is an Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander Identified position which is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised under section 14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
The role supports the Moree Justice Reinvestment (JR) team by coordinating the JR Working Groups – including the Education and Supporting Families Working Groups. This includes administration, data entry, information co-ordination and following up on actions arising and project based work. The community are also exploring work in the area of mental health – and this position will also support this work. The position reports directly to the Community Engagement Officer (Moree) and the JR Community Engagement Manager (Sydney).
Just Reinvest NSW
Just Reinvest NSW supports Aboriginal communities to explore and establish justice reinvestment initiatives and advocates for systemic changes that build safer and stronger communities. It began in 2011 as a strategic initiative of the Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/ACT) Ltd. The small team is guided by an Executive of Aboriginal and non-indigenous people and supported by a network of champions, youth ambassadors and supporters across the corporate, government and for-purpose sectors.
The Aboriginal Legal Service NSW/ACT
The ALS aims to provide culturally appropriate information and referral, legal advice and court representation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men, women and children in NSW and ACT.
The Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/ACT) Limited (ALS) is a public company limited by guarantee and a registered charity.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide support for the JR Supporting Families and Education Working Groups.
- Providing efficient secretariat support for the Working Groups
- Support the Moree JR team in relation to other meetings and work including data, youth and community leading JR meetings
- Work with the JRNSW Data Consultants to create feedback loops and support informed decision making
- Contribute towards data entry and maintaining internal databases
- Effective and efficient management of records
- Work with stakeholders and community to create strong, trusted relationships
- Supporting community and youth participation in Working Groups
- Maintain engagement & involvement with a range of stakeholders
- Supporting the JR team with developing & implementing Moree JR Education Summit and Youth Forum.
To apply for this position please download the application package and Position Description here
Please submit completed application package to Alanna Reneman, Operations Manager, Just Reinvest, NSW – [email protected]
Applications close 5.00pm Wednesday 16 June, 2021