Means and merit test information
There are a number of times when ALS cannot not assist, due to our means and merit tests. For instance:
- We cannot arrange Legal Aid mediation unless you are entitled to Legal Aid.
- We cannot represent you in court unless you are on a low income.
- We cannot represent you in court unless the court matter is based in Parramatta, Sydney or Wollongong, NSW.
- We cannot represent you if your case is not likely to be successful.
- We cannot sign a certificate of independent legal advice.
- We do not undertake property settlement cases.
To check whether you are eligible to access our services please phone 1800 733 233.