The Aboriginal Legal Service NSW/ACT Limited (ALS) is a public company limited by guarantee and registered charity. It is primarily funded by the Australian Government Attorney-General's department and managed by an Aboriginal Board and governed by the ALS Company. The Company consists of thirty Aboriginal people from NSW and ACT and Company members are elected for three-year terms and represent their community.
The Greater Sydney Aboriginal Tenancy Service (GSATS) is based in St Mary’s and its catchment area spans from Gosford to Helensburgh and west to the Blue Mountains.
- Provide advice, advocacy and community education support for Aboriginal tenants and clients;
- Identify the appropriate advice, advocacy and community education needs of Aboriginal tenants and clients;
- Develop and implement strategies which give all Aboriginal tenants access to the services provided in conjunction with the Tenancy services team;
- Liaise with regional networks, other tenants service in NSW and the Tenants Union to coordinate the delivery of Community Education services;
- Participate in training which will assist service delivery and enhance skills of advocates;
- Assist the Tenancy Services Manager to maintain and update records, data and reporting obligations in line with funding arrangements;
- Assist, support and represent tenants at NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) hearings.
Job Benefits and Perks
- 10% superannuation
- 35 hour week
- RDO per month
- 20 days annual leave + loading
- Christmas leave paid
- 6 days Special leave
- Study leave
How to Apply
All enquiries and a copy of the application package please contact Ms Susan Gibbs -Manager: E: firstname.lastname@example.org / T: 02 9833 3314
Applications close 9:00 am on Wednesday, 8 July 2020
*This is an identified position under Section 14 (d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act, 1977