Flexible NSW | Full-time | Fixed-term (June 2025)
The Aboriginal Legal Service is offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Solicitor to join our Service Innovation and Reform team. The team is a newly formed team designed to lead the development and innovation of service delivery and key organisational reforms to support client and community centred service delivery, implement new service models and the growth of the ALS. This is a great opportunity to take a break from practice and apply your skills to influence the shape of the ALS.
About the ALS
Born out of a protest movement, the Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/ACT) Limited is the primary legal service for Aboriginal people in NSW and the ACT. Our vision is to achieve social justice and equity for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, families and communities.
It’s an exciting time for the ALS, with both our services and teams growing significantly. We recently received additional government funding to deliver a range of new programs aimed at addressing systemic issues and driving structural reforms. This is creating unprecedented opportunities for the ALS and our communities.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and supportive work environment. We’re passionate about what we do and we work hard. The ALS values the health and wellbeing of our employees, and we are proud to offer flexible work practices. Staff can choose to take advantage of benefits including salary packaging to maximise take-home pay.
About the role
The Senior Solicitor will be responsible for leading and managing projects of the Service Innovation and Reform team, including:
- Development and implementation of critical policies to support the growth in the practice areas of the ALS such as the conflict, confidentiality and privacy policies, records management policies and procedures
- Development and implementation of policies, frameworks and procedures to guide holistic service delivery by new social supports roles, and other service innovation
- Development and implementation of a strategy to manage telephone service delivery resulting from new programs and increased prisoner calls
- Integration of new programs of work into the ALS including the civil practice
- Other projects designed to improve client centre service delivery and respond to the need for organisational reforms
Your skills and experience
- Knowledge and appreciation of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal people combined with continuing respect and support for Aboriginal cultural practices when considering service delivery and other support for clients, their families, communities and employees
- Demonstrated experience working in project and/or start-up environments
- Sound understanding of project management elements such as scope management, organising and planning, risk management, troubleshooting, communication and engagement
- Bachelor of Law and relevant legal or policy experience
- Demonstrated capability to draft policy, frameworks and other internal guidance materials
Further details on the role duties and required skills and experience can be found in the attached application package.
How to apply
Download the application package for this position Application Pack - Senior Solicitor - Service Innovation & Reform
Please submit the completed application package to [email protected]
- If you have any enquiries or would like to discuss the role, please contact us at [email protected]
Applications for this position close at 5:00pm, 17 November 2023.