Want to make a difference in a pivotal role in the For-Purpose Sector?
Senior Human RESOURCES Manager
Full-time, 12 month role – Haymarket
- Management and delivery of end to end HR services
- Instrumental in shaping the strategic HR plan and activities
- Not-for-Profit Salary Packing up to $15,900 available
About The ALS
The ALS aims to provide culturally appropriate information and referral, legal advice and court representation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men, women and children in NSW and ACT.
The ALS is committed to achieving justice for Aboriginal people and the Aboriginal community. The ALS remains committed to being community focussed; being fearless in our advocacy; accountable and ethical and aiming to make a difference to create better futures; while also acknowledging and respecting Aboriginal traditional values and cultural practices.
The Aboriginal Legal Service NSW/ACT Limited (ALS) is a public company limited by guarantee and a registered charity.
About the role
This position is responsible for delivery of high-quality HR management for ALS offices across NSW and the ACT.
Leading, managing and delivering both strategic and operational HR advice and service across ALS offices in NSW and the ACT, the Senior Human Resource Manager (SHRM) works closely with, and advises, the ALS Executive to develop and implement best practice HR solutions.
The SHRM ensures a focus on delivering high quality HR services to a decentralised workforce that fosters culture, adaptive and innovative workforce practices, recognises excellence and encourages people to reach their full potential.
As a senior manager the SHRM will lead and manage the Human Resources team providing; direction, guidance, support, coaching and mentoring to the close-knit team. As a small and agile HR team the SHRM will take a hands-on approach to working with people across the organisation. Leading by example in delivering professional and considered advice, often on complex issues.
This is an important position within the ALS and is guided in its decision-making by relevant legislation and professional obligations, ALS policies, practices and guidelines.
- Leading and managing the delivery of strategic and operational HR advice and service across ALS offices in NSW and the ACT
- Providing industrial relations and employment advice to managers at varying levels on a variety of complex HR matters, taking a proactive approach to training and developing managers and staff
- Developing and delivering a broad HR strategy tied to the strategic goals of the organisation and best practice industry standards; workforce planning, succession planning, performance management, change management, compensation and benefits, recruitment and onboarding
- Leading and managing the Human Resources team; providing direction, guidance, support, feedback, coaching and training to all team members
- Developing and delivering training on key HR initiatives and programs
- Ensuring appropriate conflict management systems and processes are in place, providing counselling, mediation and advice for employees and managers to seek the best possible outcome for all parties and the organisation
Your Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree or higher level qualification in HR, Business/Commerce or related field (Professional membership of the Australian Human Resources Institute, or qualified to become certified)
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a senior Human Resources position
- In-depth knowledge, understanding and experience in best practice Human Resource management
- Highly developed leadership, management, interpersonal, influencing, communication, negotiation and people management skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and supervise a team
- Ability to work autonomously displaying sound judgment, taking a flexible and adaptable approach to providing advice
- A willingness and ability to travel to regional, metropolitan and interstate locations for work purposes
How to apply
To download the application package for this position please click here
Please contact Lila D’souza, Senior Manager Corporate Services at lila.d’email@example.com or call 9213 4100 if you require additional information.
Only candidates with completed application packages will be considered.
Applications for this position close at 5pm on 2 December 2020.
Aboriginal applicants are encouraged to apply.