Project Manager - Grants
Three (3) month contract
Aboriginal applicants are strongly encouraged to apply
Who is ALS?
We are a proud Aboriginal Community Controlled organisation. We have over 250 staff across 24 offices in NSW and the ACT. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples make up approximately 40 per cent of our workforce.
We provide culturally safe legal services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men, women and children across NSW and ACT. Our law and policy reform work are also a major focus. We fight for justice for our mob.
The organisational environment?
We provide free advice and representation in criminal law, children’s care and protection law, and family law for tens of thousands of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people every year. We also run community programs to improve the lives of our people. We are well recognised for our work at the forefront of law reform and community advocacy.
The ALS provide a holistic service, providing legal representation, advice, casework assistance and referrals to Aboriginal families impacted or affected by family violence, and related issues such as homelessness or contact with child protection.
The ALS remains committed to being community focussed; being fearless in our advocacy; accountable and ethical and aiming to make a difference to create better futures; while also acknowledging and respecting Aboriginal traditional values and cultural practices.
Reporting to the Director, Finance and Shared Services, the Project Manager, ALS grants (PMG) is responsible for onboarding various new grants into the ALS, ensuring they are operationalised successfully. In this highly collaborative role, the PMG will establish a best practice grants management framework that will provide the ALS with processes, policies and templates to manage existing, new and also future grants.
The position holder will need to read, understand and interpret all funding agreements and work with key internal stakeholders to develop a plan to ensure all service deliverables and KPI’s will be met.
The incumbent is responsible for developing and maintaining high-quality grant specific project plans to establish, track and deliver the agreed project milestones. Critical to the role will be regular reporting to Executive.
A full Position Description is available on the Aboriginal Legal Services (NSW/ACT) Limited website (https://www.alsnswact.org.au/work_with_us), and below is a summary key responsibilities and accountabilities;
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Knowledge and appreciation of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal people combined with continuing respect and support for Aboriginal cultural practices when considering service delivery and other support for clients, their families, communities and staff
- Excellent project management and stakeholder engagement skills, preferably with project management qualifications, with a proven track record of managing projects from inception to delivery
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritise, or negotiate, multiple projects and deadlines to a high standard of accuracy and consistency.
- Demonstrated experience in developing high quality operating models, policies and processes, and embedding those within an organisation
- Previous experience in Government, Not for Profit sectors and/or Professional Services
- Strong understanding and proven experience interpretating legal contracts and budgets
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems in a dynamic environment without the benefit of precedent or clear guidelines.
- A consultative and collaborative style
- Highly tuned verbal and written communication skills, with a high attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and possess a high level of integrity
- Strong computer literacy in MS Office
- Double vaccinated against COVID – 19
- Experience managing or implementing state and federal government funding agreements
Benefits of working at ALS.
The basics include, Tax-free salary packaging, opportunities to work from home, and flexible hours. But its more than the basics:
- ALS employs interesting people with a passion for justice...
- We can offer unparalleled growth opportunities…
- The opportunity to change the world for someone in need is around every corner...
How to Apply?
Only candidates who forward with completed application packages to the hiring manager will be considered. Applications for this position 12 May 2022