Project and Administrative Officer - Just Reinvest NSW
Part Time 2 days per week (12 month temp role)
About The ALS
The ALS aims to provide culturally appropriate information and referral, legal advice and court representation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men, women and children in NSW and ACT.
The ALS is committed to achieving justice for Aboriginal people and the Aboriginal community. The ALS remains committed to being community focussed; being fearless in our advocacy; accountable and ethical and aiming to make a difference to create better futures; while also acknowledging and respecting Aboriginal traditional values and cultural practices.
The Aboriginal Legal Service NSW/ACT Limited (ALS) is a public company limited by guarantee and a registered charity.
About Just Reinvest
Just Reinvest NSW supports Aboriginal communities to explore and establish justice reinvestment
initiatives and advocates for systemic changes that build safer and stronger communities. It began in 2011 as a strategic initiative of the ALS. The small team is guided by an Executive of Aboriginal and non-Indigenous people and supported by a network of champions, youth ambassadors and supporters across the corporate, government and not for profit sectors.
Just Reinvest NSW collaborated with the Bourke community to support the establishment of Maranguka using a justice reinvestment framework and continue to support its important work. We are also working closely with members of the Aboriginal communities in Mount Druitt and Moree to support a justice reinvestment approach in those areas.
Just Reinvest NSW is auspiced by the Aboriginal Legal Service NSW/ACT.
About The Role
Support the administration and office management of the JRNSW team on a part time 2 day per week basis (12 month contract). The position provides office support, administration, data entry, information co- ordination and executive support to the Executive Chair and JRNSW Team. This role also works on a variety of diverse projects with communities as they arise, to support collaboration between stakeholders and provide administrative support to project work. The role reports to the Operations Manager/Co-Chair & Managing Solicitor and on a day to day basis you would work closely with Operations Manager. Typical responsibilities would include:
- Secretariat support to the Executive Committee, Strategic Directions Committee and JRNSW team;
- Administrative support in relation to IT, finance and accounts, membership, travel and HR;
- Support around event management;
- Responding to public and community requests for information on Justice Reinvestment;
- Assisting in the preparation of grant and funding applications;
- Assisting in the preparation of media and communications (Annual Report, website, newsletters, media releases, arranging media interviews, social media and website updates)
- Attending and participating in management meetings, seminars, workshops, training and development activities as required;
- Ensuring compliance with the ALS’s policies and workplace health and safety legislation and promote the establishment of equal employment and access in accordance with agreed statutory policy;
- Developing and maintaining stable, productive, professional and collaborative intra-office working relationships between all team members
How to apply
To download the application package for this position please click here.
Please submit your application to Alanna Reneman - [email protected]
Only candidates with completed application packages will be considered.
Applications for this position close at 5 pm on Wednesday, 23 June 2021
This is an Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander identified position which is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorized under section 14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.