Paralegal Care & Protection / Family Law
From $44,761 to $54,393
Tax concession of $15,900 per FBT year (1 April to 30 March)
The Aboriginal Legal Service NSW/ACT Limited (ALS) is a public company limited by guarantee and registered charity. It is primarily funded by the Australian Government Attorney-General's department and managed by an Aboriginal Board and governed by the ALS Company. The Company consists of thirty Aboriginal people from NSW and ACT and Company members are elected for three-year terms and represent their community.
The ALS is one of the largest Aboriginal legal practices delivering legal services to Aboriginal people in Australia. With over 200 staff, we provide information and referral, legal advice and court representation in criminal law, family law and care and protection law to Aboriginal men, women and children in 24 offices across urban, regional and remote NSW and ACT.
- Providing and coordinating a high level of complex paralegal support for solicitors in Care and Protection / Family Law Litigation.
- Liaising with solicitors and staff within the Practice to assist in the allocation of work and management of individual caseloads, including attending to tasks allocated via email referral system.
- Assist solicitors at Court in appropriate cases, including note taking.
- Assist in researching matters of law or undertaking case reviews for solicitors, as required.
- Assist in client interviews, and drafting of Affidavit and other court documents, as and where required.
Your Skills and Expertise
- Formal paralegal qualifications or currently undertaking a Law Degree.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people involved in the care and protection system.
- In depth knowledge of support and referral services available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients involved in the Care and Protection system.
How to Apply
Please contact Ms Brittany Tilden Regional Administration Coordinator at email@example.com or call 02 8836 3444 for an application package for this position.
The position offered to the Employee is subject to the Employee agreeing he/she may be required to undergo:
- Criminal History Check
- Working With Children Check
Applications close at 9:00 am Tuesday, 14 July 2020
Aboriginal applicants are encouraged to apply