Flexible NSW/ACT Location | Full-time | Fixed-term
The ALS is seeking senior and junior staff for its new policy, advocacy and justice projects.
The projects focus on implementing the National Agreement on Closing the Gap into the legal system and community-led justice reforms for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the ALS
Born out of a protest movement, the Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/ACT) Limited is the primary legal service for Aboriginal people in NSW and the ACT. Our vision is to achieve social justice and equity for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, families and communities.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and supportive work environment. We’re passionate about what we do and we work hard. The ALS values the health and wellbeing of our employees and we are proud to offer flexible work practices. Staff can choose to take advantage of benefits including salary packaging to maximise take-home pay.
- Managers who lead projects with a unit of 5-7 staff
- Specialist Senior Policy and Projects Officers with expertise in criminal law for children or adults
- Senior Policy and Project Officers
- Junior Policy and Project Officers
- Policy Solicitor with expertise in criminal law
For more information, see the application packages below.
For Manager roles click here
For Senior Policy & Project roles, including Specialists click here
For Policy Solicitor, Policy Officer & Project Officer roles click here
How to apply
- Download the application package for the roles you are interested in
- Complete the application package/s and submit with your CV to [email protected]
Apply promptly, as interviews may take place during the application period.
Applications for this position close at 5pm Friday 8 September 2023.