Facilities and Fleet Manager
Shared Services, Redfern
Full time, Fixed term 12-month contract
About The ALS
The ALS aims to provide culturally appropriate information and referral, legal advice and court representation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men, women and children in NSW and ACT.
The ALS is committed to achieving justice for Aboriginal people and the Aboriginal community. The ALS remains committed to being community focussed; being fearless in our advocacy; accountable and ethical and aiming to make a difference to create better futures; while also acknowledging and respecting Aboriginal traditional values and cultural practices.
The Aboriginal Legal Service NSW/ACT Limited (ALS) is a public company limited by guarantee and a registered charity.
About the role
This role is a 12-month contract position
The position of Facilities and Fleet Manager ensures that the ALS has suitable premises throughout NSW and the ACT from where it can deliver its services to its clients. To do so, the job holder will source premises fit-for-purpose, assist in the negotiation of leases, ensure that the buildings are maintained to required standards including compliance with various statutory building and occupancy codes, and the accommodation is comfortable for both ALS employees and volunteers, clients, and visitors. The Facilities & Fleet Manager is also responsible for ensuring the nominated fleet provider(s) are achieving the requisite standards of service and customer care to support the ALS team.
Facilities Management - The ALS currently manages 22 properties of which 15 are leased and 7 are owned.
- Manage and coordinate all day-to-day issues associated with ALS facilities, including maintenance to buildings, air conditioning requirements, security card access and parking management
- Maintain strong and current understanding of all premises related building and occupancy codes
- Review all ALS leasehold arrangements and ensure landlords and their agents fulfil their responsibilities for leasehold maintenance in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Coordinate all maintenance that is the responsibility of ALS on all Sydney properties, engaging contractors and supervising and signing off on their work, to ensure properties are maintained to a high standard
Fleet Management - The ALS currently has 85 leased motor vehicles being transitioned from two managed service providers to one provider. The fleet includes both pooled cars and packaged vehicles.
- Manage the nominated outsourced fleet provider(s) to achieve agreed standards of service and customer care
- Manage internal and external fleet related enquiries and escalations of issues.
Your Skills and Experience
To be successful in this position you will need to demonstrate:
- Ability to develop an understanding of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community and to apply this understanding in providing a culturally competent service to our internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to acquire an understanding of the nature of ALS operations such that premises and facilities are best suited to operational needs
- Experience managing and interpreting building leases and Services Contracts and the ability to negotiate favourable terms for ALS
- Knowledge of building and occupancy regulations in NSW and the ACT and federally
How to apply
To download the application package for this position, please click here.
Please submit your application to Lila D'souza, Senior Manager Shared Services, lila.d'[email protected]
Only candidates with completed application packages will be considered.
Applications for this position close at 5:00 pm on Friday, 14 January 2022.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply for this role.