Event & Partnerships Coordinator - Part Time 2-3 days per week (12 month contract)
The Aboriginal Legal Service NSW/ACT Limited (ALS) is a public company limited by guarantee and registered charity. It is primarily funded by the Australian Government Attorney-General's department and managed by an Aboriginal Board and governed by the ALS Company. The Company consists of thirty Aboriginal people from NSW and ACT and Company members are elected for three-year terms and represent their community.
The ALS is one of the largest Aboriginal legal practices delivering legal services to Aboriginal people in Australia. With over 200 staff, we provide information and referral, legal advice and court representation in criminal law, family law and care and protection law to Aboriginal men, women and children in 24 offices across urban, regional and remote NSW and ACT.
- Primary focus will be on the ALS 50th year celebrations to develop and implement a 50th Year Anniversary Strategy and plan for future events: Yabun, Koori Knock-out, AGM
- Reporting to Policy & Communications Manager under ultimate guidance from CEO
- Coordinate event activities, including high level plans through to detailed run-sheets
- Work with community and Board members, other ALS staff, key speakers, panellists and event participants
- Ensure the smooth running of events 'on the day' and be prepared to travel to various locations
- Build a network of external contacts, stakeholders, sponsors and participants for events and partnerships with a focus on partnering with other indigenous organisations
This role is part time 2-3 days per week on a 12 month contract.
Your Skills and Expertise
- Knowledge and appreciation of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal people combined with continuing respect and support for Aboriginal cultural practices
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience in coordinating and successfully managing large events
- High level interpersonal skills, ability to influence
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Experience planning and implementing community engagement strategies
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- Willingness and ability to travel to ALS' various offices (regional and metropolitan), conferences and events
- 3 years experience in a similar role would be preferred
How to Apply
All enquiries and a copy of the application package for this position can be obtained from Shannon Longhurst, Policy & Communications Manager:
T: 02 9213 4100.
Applications Close Monday 3rd August 2020
This is an Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander identified positions which is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised under section 14 (d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977