Intermediate Solicitor x 2 | Early Appropriate Guilty Plea (Dubbo and Tamworth)
From $83,063 approximately grossed up $91,546 to $89,988 approximately grossed up $98,930
Tax concession of $15,900 per FBT year (1 April to 30 March)
- This role is a temporary fulltime position up to 30 June 2020 (with the possibility of extension). The primary responsibility of Intermediate Solicitor, Early Appropriate Guilty Plea (EAGP) within a designated ALS Office is to:
- Provide high quality legal advice and representation to clients and to assist them to resolve their legal problems.
- Act in the more complex and difficult criminal cases and prepare and research representation of Aboriginal clients in these criminal matters.
- Assist with the development of submissions on law reform and represent the ALS at meetings, conference and seminars as requested.
- Liaise with external stakeholders and develop and maintain inter-agency relationships covering legal and law enforcement related jurisdictions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously within a criminal law environment, meet conflicting deadlines and manage a demanding workload.
- Demonstrated mentoring skills.
- Ensuring high quality ‘culturally appropriate’ representation to ALS clients in all matters, and at first instance, promptly deal with any complaints by clients and/or family members.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge to a diverse range of emerging criminal and legal and professional law related issues.
- Maintaining and enhancing professional competence, keeping abreast of legal developments, changes in ALS policies, systems, guidelines, practices and community needs.
- Adapting to new systems and technology which have a significant impact on the legal practice.
- Being able to communicate with, take instructions from and effectively represent Aboriginal clients who may present as distressed, have a physical or intellectual disability, or have problem behaviours such as drug or alcohol addictions, when the legal concepts involved are complex and difficult for the client to understand.
For enquiries about this position please contact Ms Christy Cromlin for an application package
Phone: 02 6841 6966
Applications close at Midnight Sunday, 5 January 2020
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People and encouraged to apply.