DIRECTOR SHARED SERVICES
The Director of Shared Service plays a critical role in developing a strong and aligned Shared Services function to deliver against the strategic priorities of the organisation. The Shared Services function brings together all of the essential support functions to enable the Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/ACT) to best support our clients; Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Data Management and Compliance and Reporting.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Perform responsibilities to a high standard within agreed timelines and in line with ALS vision, mission and values.
- Assisting the CEO in providing leadership, strategic direction and management during organisational change and review
- Leading, managing and overseeing Shared Services functions; Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Data Management, Compliance and Reporting
- Leading in the development and analysis of strategic, operational and business matters
- Providing high level advice to the CEO and Board on the efficient and effective operation of the ALS, including financial stewardship, people management, corporate systems
- Ensuring the implementation and delivery of efficient and effective operations and support functions across the ALS
- Developing and maintaining relationships with government agencies, suppliers, and other stakeholders necessary to implement and deliver efficient and effective operations and support functions across the ALS.
- Overseeing and managing funding agreements (including reporting and other compliance requirements), grant submissions and other funding opportunities
- Overseeing and managing a risk management framework, ensuring risk and compliance matters are addressed and reported
- Managing procurement, lease agreements, assets and facilities across the ALS
- Demonstrating continuing respect and support for Aboriginal cultural practices in dealing with clients, their families, communities, directors and staff. Continuing to learn about the customs and history of local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Travelling to regional and interstate locations for work purposes. An inherent requirement of the job is the ability to independently travel to regional locations by car for work purposes, therefore a current driver’s licence is required (the ALS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider reasonable adjustments where an employee cannot meet this requirement due to a disability or their age)
To be successful in this position you will need to demonstrate:
- Identification as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person and be accepted as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person in the community in which you live
- This is an Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander Identified position which is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised under section 14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal people combined with continuing respect and support for Aboriginal cultural practices when considering service delivery and other support for clients, their families, communities and staff
- University level qualification 6+ years in a relevant field. Eg finance, accounting, human resources, operations management
- Strong business and financial acumen and proven experience overseeing resources and budgets in a challenging environment
- Highly developed management experience to effectively lead, direct and manage a shared services function
- Excellent word processing and computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite, Video Conferencing software
- A willingness and ability to travel to regional, metropolitan and interstate locations for work purposes
- Bachelor of Commerce/ Business/ Finance & Accounting or similar
- Experience working in a not-for-profit community organisation
How to apply
Download the application package & view full job description for this position by clicking here
Please submit your completed application package to Lila D'Souza, Senior Manager, Corporate Services & Programs
Applications for this position close at 5pm 20 January 2021
This is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identified position