- Achieve justice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Community Organisation, $26M turnover, 230+ staff
- Provide financial stewardship and a best practice approach
- Apply via NGO Recruitment
Aboriginal Legal Service NSW/ACT (ALS) has been providing legal services to Aboriginal people since 1970. We were the first free legal service in the country and are the leading legal services organisation providing free legal help, including advice and representation, to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men, women and children in NSW and ACT.
The ALS is also a fearless advocacy organisation, committed to achieving justice for Aboriginal people. We are ethical, accountable and community focused and, with the NSW Coalition of Aboriginal Peak Organisations, have a lead role in the development of jurisdictional implementation plans to support the goals of the National Agreement on Closing the Gap.
- The opportunity to impact a growing organisation
- Competitive salary with generous salary packaging
- Respectful, values driven, culturally sensitive environment
Reporting to the CEO you will lead ALS operations with oversight of shared services which includes; Finance, Human Resources, IT, Data Management, Compliance and Reporting. You will provide financial stewardship and ensure services are best practice and aligned to strategic priorities.
You will also:
- Provide high level advice to the CEO and Board
- Oversee and manage complex funding agreements
- Develop relationships with stakeholders and suppliers
- Oversee and manage a risk management framework
- Contribute strategically as part of the executive team
This position would suit an experienced leader with strong finance skills and experience managing the operations of a similar sized, preferably community based organisation.
You will either identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or you will be passionate about using your skills to impact the important work of ALS.
You will also have:
- A qualification in finance, accounting, HR or operations management
- Experience leading and managing a shared services function
- Strong business and financial acumen in overseeing resources and budgets
- Ability to communicate with and influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Knowledge of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal people
If you’re motivated to join an organisation fighting for justice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, please apply via NGO Recruitment. Alternatively, please call Emma Adams or Louise Furlong on 02 8243 0570 if you have any specific questions.