Digital Communications and Marketing Officer
(Full time, 12 month contract)
The Aboriginal Legal Service NSW/ACT Limited (ALS) is a public company limited by guarantee and registered charity. It is primarily funded by the Australian Government Attorney-General's department and managed by an Aboriginal Board and governed by the ALS Company. The Company consists of thirty Aboriginal people from NSW and ACT and Company members are elected for three-year terms and represent their community.
The ALS is one of the largest Aboriginal legal practices delivering legal services to Aboriginal people in Australia. With over 200 staff, we provide information and referral, legal advice and court representation in criminal law, family law and care and protection law to Aboriginal men, women and children in 24 offices across urban, regional and remote NSW and ACT.
- Develop and manage effective marketing and communication strategies, plans and programs in order to further the mission and vision of the ALS
- Drive digital projects and work collaboratively with the broader team
- Develop inspiring marketing and digital communication strategies and user experience (incl. design and implementation of a digital fundraising strategy)
- Manage ALS online presence
- Plan, draft, edit, format and distribute Electronic Direct Mail (EDM) to members, partners, donors and supporters
- Evaluate and report on social media/website content performance
- Moderating social media comments and managing responses to public enquiries made through online platforms
- Manage the production of engaging content
- Support the development of Community Legal Education and other marketing materials in collaboration with staff eg. flyers, videos, posters and marketing material
This role is a 12 month contract on a full time basis.
Your Skills and Expertise
- Knowledge and appreciation of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal people combined with continuing respect and support for Aboriginal cultural practices
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and manage digital strategies that support social change &/or fundraising campaigns
- Experience in digital campaigning, including high level use of email, websites, social media and other online platforms and tools
- Ability to gather and analyse online behaviour data, conduct tests and use the information gathered to fine-tune digital strategies and tactics
- Experience writing fundraising and campaigning emails, media releases and web content
- Demonstrated experience using NationBuilder including as a platform to fundraise
- Demonstrated experience using Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms
- Experience in a NFP/Community organisation would be beneficial
How to Apply
All enquiries and a copy of the application package for this position can be obtained from Shannon Longhurst, Policy & Communications Manager:
T: 02 9213 4100.
Applications Close Monday 3rd August 2020