Data & Quality Improvement Coordinator
(Full-time, 12 month role)
About The ALS
The ALS aims to provide culturally appropriate information and referral, legal advice and court representation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men, women and children in NSW and ACT.
The ALS is committed to achieving justice for Aboriginal people and the Aboriginal community. The ALS remains committed to being community focussed; being fearless in our advocacy; accountable and ethical and aiming to make a difference to create better futures; while also acknowledging and respecting Aboriginal traditional values and cultural practices.
The Aboriginal Legal Service NSW/ACT Limited (ALS) is a public company limited by guarantee and a registered charity.
About the role
This position can be based in Redfern or will consider remote working arrangement
The position of the Data & Quality Improvement Coordinator is to ensure that the ALS can produce consistent high-quality client data reports or other reports and analysis for internal decision making and external reporting compliance purposes.
The Data & Quality Improvement Coordinator will have the ability to design and deliver training and support on the client database management system to users within the organisation, especially those involved in data entry in each office across NSW and ACT.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this position you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience in analytics, business intelligence, or data science
- Experience with one or more data visualisation tools (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- Expert-level skills in SQL (essential)
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude
- Build reports and dashboards that work reliably for the business and are accurate
- Attention to detail to consistently deliver high quality output
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills and ability to think creativelyKnowledge and appreciation of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal people combined with continuing respect and support for Aboriginal cultural practices when considering service delivery and other support for clients, their families, communities and staff
- Knowledge and understanding of the workings of client database systems; its uses and capabilities and the relationship with service delivery and reporting
- Ability to undertake or contribute to database improvements, upgrades and other database related projects
- Ability to create high quality, relevant and compliant reports
- Ability to identify, proactively seek feedback on, and rectify system usage challenges, promoting quality improvement across the organisation
- Experience in planning and coordinating data collection from multiple sites; reviewing and extracting client data reports for a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders on database reports and compliance issues
- Demonstrate ability to provide hands on or remote support with respect to the client database with team members across NSW/ACT
- Experience in providing on-the-job training
- Highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work autonomously and in a team environment, applying sound judgement
- A willingness and ability to travel to regional, metropolitan and interstate locations for work purposes
How to apply
To download a copy of the Application Package for this position please click here
Please submit your application to Sarah Crellin, Acting Principal Legal Officer [email protected].
Only candidates with completed application packages will be considered.
Applications for this position close at 5 pm on 29 November 2021.