Redfern/ regional office/ hybrid (WFH) | Full-time | Fixed-term contract, to 30 June 2025
The Aboriginal Legal Service is offering an exciting opportunity to assist in development of client reports and analysis for internal decision making and external reporting compliance purposes. Enjoy coming to work each day with a purpose-driven organisation that makes a real difference.
This role would suit an experienced data anaylst, with passion for ensuring key information is reported with timeliness, high accuracy and useability.
This role can be office based or work from home, to support you in achieving your best outcomes.
About the ALS
Born out of a protest movement, the Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/ACT) Limited is the primary legal service for Aboriginal people in NSW and the ACT. Our vision is to achieve social justice and equity for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, families and communities.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and supportive work environment. We’re passionate about what we do and we work hard. The ALS values the health and wellbeing of our employees and we are proud to offer flexible work practices. Staff can choose to take advantage of benefits including salary packaging to maximise take-home pay.
About the role
The position of the Data & Quality Improvement Officer is to ensure that the ALS can produce consistent high-quality client data reports or other reports and analysis for internal decision making and external reporting compliance purposes.
The Data & Quality Improvement Officer will have the ability to design and deliver training and support on the client database management system to users within the organisation, especially those involved in data entry in each office across NSW and ACT.
Your skills and experience
- Knowledge and appreciation of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal people combined with continuing respect and support for Aboriginal cultural practices when considering service delivery and other support for clients, their families, communities, and staff
- Knowledge and understanding of the workings of client database systems; its uses and capabilities and the relationship with service delivery and reporting
- Experience with one or more data visualisation tools (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude
- Assist in building reports and dashboards that work reliably for the business and are accurate
- Attention to detail to consistently deliver high quality output
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills and ability to think creatively
- Ability to undertake or contribute to database improvements, upgrades, and other database related projects
- Ability to create high quality, relevant and compliant reports
- Ability to identify, proactively seek feedback on, and rectify system usage challenges, promoting quality improvement across the organisation
- Experience in planning and coordinating data collection from multiple sites, reviewing and extracting client data reports for a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders on database reports and compliance issues
- Demonstrate ability to provide hands on or remote support and on-job training with respect to the client database with team members across NSW/ACT
- Highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
How to apply
Please submit the completed application package to Sam George, Strategic Data Manager at E: [email protected]
- If you have any enquiries or would like to discuss the role, please contact Sam George, Strategic Data Manager at E: [email protected]
Applications for this position close extended to COB Friday 10 February 2023.