Compliance & Quality Improvement Manager
(Part Time 0.6-0.8, 6 month contract with possible option to extend)
About The ALS
The ALS aims to provide culturally appropriate information and referral, legal advice and court representation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men, women and children in NSW and ACT.
The ALS is committed to achieving justice for Aboriginal people and the Aboriginal community. The ALS remains committed to being community focussed; being fearless in our advocacy; accountable and ethical and aiming to make a difference to create better futures; while also acknowledging and respecting Aboriginal traditional values and cultural practices.
The Aboriginal Legal Service NSW/ACT Limited (ALS) is a public company limited by guarantee and a registered charity.
About the role
This position is based in Haymarket, Sydney
The Compliance and Quality Improvement Manager plays a critical role in ensuring the efficient and effective management of ALS funding. This role will be responsible for building and managing appropriate governance and reporting structures for all of the Aboriginal Legal Service NSW/ACT Limited’s (ALS) grants and agreements as well as ensuring compliance with legislative requirements.
This role will also build strong relationships with funding bodies to ensure reporting and compliance requirements are in line with funding body expectations, increasing program opportunities to further the mission and vision of the Aboriginal Legal Service NSW/ACT Limited (ALS).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this position you will need to demonstrate:
- Knowledge and appreciation of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal people combined with continuing respect and support for Aboriginal cultural practices when considering service delivery and other support for clients, their families, communities and staff
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of best practice risk management, governance and compliance systems
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with funding contract management processes, including management of the project/reporting cycle, and experience managing stakeholders to comply with these requirements
- Demonstrated experience in developing and effectively managing strategic relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, ideally working with senior government officials
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills
- Advanced computer literacy and data management skills
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- The ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- A willingness and ability to travel to ALS’ various offices (regional and metropolitan), conferences (local and interstate) and events
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant legal, governance, compliance or similar position
- Experience in contributing to business process improvements to achieve greater effectiveness and efficiencies
- Experience in budget and financial management
How to apply
To download the application package for this position please click here
Please submit your application to Mali Kelly, Administration Officer email@example.com.
Only candidates with completed application packages will be considered.
Applications for this position close at 5 pm on Tuesday 22 December 2020.