What can I make a complaint about?

• the quality of service you received
• the treatment you received
• a decision by the ALS

When can I make a complaint?

You must make your complaint to us within three months of having received the service or decision you wish to complain about.

How do I make a complaint?

You can tell us your complaint, and a staff member will write it down. You can also write a letter, outlining your complaint. You can also use our Complaints Form to write down your complaint. If you need help, a member of staff can assist you.

What will happen when I make a complaint?

ALS will take your complaint very seriously. Your complaint will be sent to ALS Head Office. An Officer will be appointed to investigate your complaint. The Officer will contact you by telephone or letter. They will explain the investigation process, and they will discuss your complaint. They will then investigate your complaint. Within a reasonable amount of time, the Officer will advise you in writing of the outcome of the investigation.

What can I do if I am not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation?

If you are not satisfied with the Officer’s decision you may, within two months of being notified of the Officer’s decision, request a review.

Where do I send a complaint to?

Complaints can be posted to:

Complaints – Head Office
Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/ACT) Ltd
PO Box 646, Surry Hills NSW 2010

Or fax your complaint to:

(02) 8303 6688