Casual Administration Officer – Coffs Harbour
About the ALS
The ALS is a public company limited by guarantee and a registered charity.
We aim to provide culturally appropriate information and referral, legal advice and court representation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men, women and children in NSW and ACT.
About the role
We are seeking a casual Administration Officer to help with the workload and backlog in our busy Coffs Harbour office. The primary responsibility of the Administration Officer, Criminal Law Practice is to assist in the delivery of high-quality legal support services to Aboriginal clients.
Skills and Experience
- A knowledge of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal people.
- Commitment to the principles of social justice.
- Proven computer systems skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook and typing skills with a minimum of 35 wpm.
- Excellent phone manner and communication skills and experience in operating a small to medium switchboard.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Work independently in a team environment with limited supervision.
How to apply
Please CLICK HERE for a copy of the ALS Application Package and Position Description. Applications should be sent to Bianca Hawkins (Regional Administration Coordinator) on email at [email protected]. Applications for this position close Monday 25 July 2022