Newcastle/Hunter Region NSW | Full-time | 12 Months Fixed-Term
The Aboriginal Legal Service is offering an exciting opportunity to for an Administration Officer to join our Legal Assistance for Women team.Enjoy coming to work each day with a purpose-driven organisation that makes a real difference.
These are Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander identified positions, which is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised under section 14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977
About the ALS
Born out of a protest movement, the Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/ACT) Limited is the primary legal service for Aboriginal people in NSW and the ACT. Our vision is to achieve social justice and equity for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, families and communities.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and supportive work environment. We’re passionate about what we do and we work hard. The ALS values the health and wellbeing of our employees and we are proud to offer flexible work practices. Staff can choose to take advantage of benefits including salary packaging to maximise take-home pay.
About the role
The Administration Officer will be responsible for:
- Act as the first point of contact for clients, assisting with communication between the Hunter LAW team, clients and external stakeholders
- Provide administrative support service to the Managing Solicitor (Hunter LAW) and team members
- Provide word processing support for correspondence, preparation of briefs of evidence, subpoenas, affidavits, court reports and other documents
- Schedule and organise in-person and online meetings for the Hunter LAW program, including community and group meetings as directed
- Provide general administrative support such as scanning, photocopying, document collation, recording and filing communications, filing and document services
Your skills and experience
- Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or be accepted as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander in the community in which you live
- Strong computer skills, including using Microsoft Office suite and video conferencing software
- Excellent communication skills, respectful phone manner and experience answering and transferring phone calls
- Demonstrated organisational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work independently in a team environment with limited supervision
How to apply
- Download the position description here
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Applications for this position close at 5:00pm, Tuesday 12th December 2023