Parramatta | Full-time | Permanent
The Aboriginal Legal Service is offering an exciting opportunity as an Administration Officer in the Criminal Law Practice. Enjoy coming to work each day with a purpose-driven organisation that makes a real difference.
This role would suit someone with attention to detail who is interested in supporting the community we serve.
About the ALS
Born out of a protest movement, the Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/ACT) Limited is the primary legal service for Aboriginal people in NSW and the ACT. Our vision is to achieve social justice and equity for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, families and communities.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and supportive work environment. We’re passionate about what we do and we work hard. The ALS values the health and wellbeing of our employees and we are proud to offer flexible work practices. [Staff can choose to take advantage of benefits including salary packaging to maximise take-home pay.]
About the role
The Administration Officer is an essential part of the ALS Criminal Law Practice team and will be responsible for:
- Organising client files for upcoming court dates, including opening, closing, and archiving files
- Imputing data into CMS Database
- Liaising with various stakeholders including Solicitors, ALS staff, Public Defenders, Police, and Court Staff
- Managing the reception area and operate the office phone system between the hours of 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
Your skills and experience
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander; identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or be accepted as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander in the community in which you live
- A knowledge of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal people combined with continuing respect and support for Aboriginal cultural practices in dealing with clients, their families, communities and the social issues affecting those communities
- Commitment to the principles of social justice
- Capacity to behave in a culturally appropriate manner
- Proven computer systems skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook and accurate typing skills
- Excellent phone manner and communication skills and experience in answering and transferring telephone calls/ taking messages
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work independently in a team environment with limited supervision
- Excellent problem-solving skills
How to apply
Please submit the completed application package to the HR Team at [email protected]
- If you have any enquiries or would like to discuss the role, please contact the HR Team at [email protected]
Applications for this position close on 22 September 2023.