Wagga Wagga | Full-time | Fixed-term to June 2023
The Aboriginal Legal Service is offering an exciting opportunity to develop your administrative skills in a legal setting. Enjoy coming to work each day with a purpose-driven organisation that makes a real difference.
This role is identified for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
This role would suit an Administration Officer with some prior office experience, or someone currently studying in areas of law, social work or administration.
About the ALS
Born out of a protest movement, the Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/ACT) Limited is the primary legal service for Aboriginal people in NSW and the ACT. Our vision is to achieve social justice and equity for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, families and communities.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and supportive work environment. We’re passionate about what we do and we work hard. The ALS values the health and wellbeing of our employees and we are proud to offer flexible work practices. Staff can choose to take advantage of benefits including salary packaging to maximise take-home pay.
About the role
The Administration Officer will provide confidential administrative support to the Wagga Wagga Criminal law team to deliver high-quality legal services, assist to manage the office reception area and answer phones between 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
This fixed term role is to relieve a staff member undertaking an internal development opportunity.
Skills and experience you will bring
- Identify as an Aboriginal person
- An appreciation of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal communities combined with continuing respect and support for Aboriginal cultural practices
- Sound computer skills, using Microsoft Office Suite, Video Conferencing software
- Excellent communication skills, respectful phone manner and experience answering and transferring phone calls
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work independently in a team environment with limited supervision
How to apply
Please submit the completed application package to Curtis Penning, Deputy Principal Solicitor at [email protected]
- If you have any enquiries or would like to discuss the role, please contact Ann Pitkeathly, Recruitment Manager at [email protected]
Applications for this position close on Friday 21 October 2022.