Redfern | Full-time | Permanent
The Aboriginal Legal Service is offering an exciting opportunity to support the smooth running of the ALS Shared Services Office. Enjoy coming to work each day with a purpose-driven organisation that makes a real difference.
This is an Aboriginal/ Torres Strait Islander identified position.
This role would suit an experienced office administrator that enjoys frequent interaction with a wide variety of staff and external visitors. No day will ever be the same.
About the ALS
Born out of a protest movement, the Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/ACT) Limited is the primary legal service for Aboriginal people in NSW and the ACT. Our vision is to achieve social justice and equity for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, families and communities.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and supportive work environment. We’re passionate about what we do and we work hard. The ALS values the health and wellbeing of our employees and we are proud to offer flexible work practices. Staff can choose to take advantage of benefits including salary packaging to maximise take-home pay.
About the role
The Administration Officer, Shared Services will be responsible for:
- Proactive response to mainline phone and emails daily
- Be first contact for carparking, hot desk enquiries, building access cards, stationery and kitchen supplies
- Greet clients, visitors and stakeholders visiting Redfern office
- Ensure a well presented, safe office space including break out areas and meeting rooms
- Support to the Operations Support Officer for projects, Board and general meetings as required
Your skills and experience
- Knowledge of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal people
- 3+ years’ experience in an administrative role within a professional environment
- Experience dealing with internal and external clients coupled with excellent customer service skills and a proactive, solutions-focused approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and an excellent phone manner
- High levels of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Proven capability to provide high quality administration support to a range of stakeholders, whilst managing competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment to achieve outcomes, and to work independently using sound judgement and initiative
- Good working knowledge of MS office suite, MS Teams and databases
- A high attention to detail, organised and methodical
- Aboriginality - this is an identified position under Section 14 (d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act, 1977
How to apply
Please submit the completed application package to Michelle Harvey at [email protected]
- If you have any enquiries or would like to discuss the role, please contact Ann Pitkeathly, Recruitment Manager at [email protected]
Applications for this position close on Monday 10 October 2022.