Redfern | Full-time | Permanent
The Aboriginal Legal Service is offering an exciting opportunity to be the office coordinator and 'go-to person' for our Shared Services team based in Redfern.
This role is identified for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people.
Enjoy coming to work each day with a purpose-driven organisation that makes a real difference.
This role would suit a well organised person with administration, hospitality or retail operations experience and sound computer skills.
About the ALS
Born out of a protest movement, the Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/ACT) Limited is the primary legal service for Aboriginal people in NSW and the ACT. Our vision is to achieve social justice and equity for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, families and communities.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and supportive work environment. We’re passionate about what we do and we work hard. The ALS values the health and wellbeing of our employees and we are proud to offer flexible work practices. Staff can choose to take advantage of benefits including salary packaging to maximise take-home pay.
About the role
The Administration Officer - Shared Services coordinates and delivers a variety of tasks supporting the ALS Shared Services Office, located in Redfern to ensure the smooth running of the office in compliance with WHS requirements and contributes to an environment that supports a positive employee experience.
This role will develop a close working relationship with the ALS Executive and Shared Services teams.
What you’ll bring to the role
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Knowledge and appreciation of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal people combined with continuing respect and support for Aboriginal cultural practices in dealing with clients, their families, communities and staff.
- Some prior experience in an administrative role within a professional environment.
- Experience dealing with internal and external clients coupled with excellent customer service skills and a proactive, solutions-focused approach.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and an excellent phone manner.
- High levels of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Capability to provide high quality administration support to a range of stakeholders, whilst managing competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment to achieve outcomes, and to work independently using sound judgement and initiative.
- Good working knowledge of MS office suite, MS Teams and databases.
- A high attention to detail, organised and methodical.
- Aboriginality - this is an identified position under Section 14 (d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act, 1977.
How to apply
Please submit the completed application package to Michelle Harvey, Operations Support Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any enquiries or would like to discuss the role, please contact Ann Pitkeathly, Recruitment Manager at [email protected]
Applications for this position close on Monday 31 October.