Dubbo | Full-time | Permanent
The Aboriginal Legal Service is offering an exciting opportunity to provide administrative support to our Criminal Law team, delivering legal justice and equity to the local Dubbo community. Enjoy coming to work each day with a purpose-driven organisation that makes a real difference.
This role is identified for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
This role would suit someone that is well organised and has good computer literacy skills.
About the ALS
Born out of a protest movement, the Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/ACT) Limited is the primary legal service for Aboriginal people in NSW and the ACT. Our vision is to achieve social justice and equity for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, families and communities.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and supportive work environment. We’re passionate about what we do and we work hard. The ALS values the health and wellbeing of our employees and we are proud to offer flexible work practices. Staff can choose to take advantage of benefits including salary packaging to maximise take-home pay.
About the role
The Administration Officer will provide confidential administrative support to the Dubbo Criminal law team to deliver high-quality legal services, assist to manage the office reception area and answer phones between 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Your skills and experience
- Knowledge of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal communities combined with continuing respect and support for Aboriginal cultural practices
- Excellent computer skills, using Microsoft Office suite and video conferencing software
- Excellent communication skills, respectful phone manner and experience answering and transferring phone calls internally
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, work in a team environment, and also work independently with limited supervision
- Aboriginality - this is an identified position under Section 14 (d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act, 1977
How to apply
Please submit the completed application package to Dominic Holles, Deputy Principal Solicitor (Western) at [email protected]
- If you have any enquiries or would like to discuss the role, please contact Ann Pitkeathly, Recruitment Manager at [email protected]
Applications for this position close extended to COB Friday 10 February 2023.