Coffs Harbour | Full-time/part-time hours available | Casual contract
The Aboriginal Legal Service is offering an exciting opportunity to provide skilled administrative back-fill for our Administration team, when they are on leave. Enjoy coming to work each day with a purpose-driven organisation that makes a real difference.
This role is identified for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
This role would suit someone with previous office administration experience, with initial availability (Monday to Friday) to provide leave relief for both planned and adhoc leave. Casual on-call work may also be available.
About the ALS
Born out of a protest movement, the Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/ACT) Limited is the primary legal service for Aboriginal people in NSW and the ACT. Our vision is to achieve social justice and equity for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, families and communities.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and supportive work environment. We’re passionate about what we do and we work hard. The ALS values the health and wellbeing of our employees and we are proud to offer flexible work practices.
About the role
The Administration Officer will provide confidential administrative support to the Coffs Harbour Criminal law team to deliver high-quality legal services, assist to manage the office reception area and answer phones between 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
We can train you to our legal terminology and practices.
Your skills and experience
- Knowledge of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal communities combined with continuing respect and support for Aboriginal cultural practices
- Sound computer skills, using Microsoft Office suite and video conferencing software
- Excellent communication skills, respectful phone manner and experience answering and transferring phone calls internally
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, work in a team environment, and also work independently with limited supervision
- Aboriginality - this is an identified position under Section 14 (d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act, 1977
How to apply
Please submit the completed application package to Bianca Hawkins, Regional Administration Coordinator at [email protected]
- Please apply promptly - we may choose to shortlist and interview within the vacancy period
Applications for this position close COB Monday 31 July 2023.