Administration Officer | Newcastle
The primary responsibility of the Administration Officer is to assist in the delivery of high quality legal support services to Aboriginal clients.
The position holder will be responsible for a range of duties including the maintenance of the court attendance board/roster on a daily basis; organisation of client files; input of statistical data into CMS database and liaising with professionals, including Police, Public Defenders, Solicitors, Court Staff, Corrective Services, other staff members and stakeholders.
This role is a Permanent Fulltime position.
Your Skills and Expertise
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander; identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or be accepted as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander in the community in which you live.
- A knowledge of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal people combined with continuing respect and support for Aboriginal cultural practices in dealing with clients, their families, communities and the social issues affecting those communities.
- Commitment to the principles of social justice.
- Capacity to behave in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Proven computer systems skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook and typing skills with a minimum of 35 wpm.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
Applications close at 9:00 am on Monday, 09 March 2020
This is an Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander identified position which is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised under section 14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.