Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/ACT) is an Aboriginal non-government providing culturally appropriate information and referral, and legal advice and court representation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men, women and children across NSW and ACT.
We assist Aboriginal people in criminal law; children’s care and protection law and family law as well as providing information and referral in civil law. We also assist work and development orders and custody notification.
ALS has 22 offices and almost 200 Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal staff across NSW and the ACT. We are committed to getting justice for Aboriginal people and the community.
- To achieve justice for Aboriginal people and the community.
- We are proudly Aboriginal
- We are community focused
- We are fearless in our advocacy
- We are accountable and ethical
- We are making a difference to create better futures
- We acknowledge, honour and respect our traditional values and cultural practices